Monday, July 23, 2012

Cranberry Chicken - My #1 Favorite

I do not like cranberries, I do not like jellied cranberry on my turkey at Thanksgiving, but I absolutely LOVE cranberry chicken!  The flavor is so delicious and it is probably my #1 favorite chicken meal.  I think, no I know, that when my hubby and I were married the first year, it's pretty much all I made and he was so sick of it!  But that's what happens when you marry someone who doesn't have much sense in cooking unless she has a recipe.  I'm still that girl, but I'm getting more daring.

Here's what you will need:
Skinless Chicken breasts (I usually cook 4)
1/2 package of onion soup mix (shake to get mixed up)
1 -  14oz can of jellied cranberry
4-6 oz - French or Russian salad dressing (This will be up to you, I don't like mine so runny, I like a thicker sauce)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix:  Onion Soup mix, cranberry sauce, & dressing together.  Pour over washed chicken that has been patted dry with paper towels.  (I know there has been tons of debate as to whether or not you should in fact wash chicken, but I'm so diligent about keeping the juices off everything)  Bake for 45min-1hour.

I usually serve mine with Wild rice and Peas.  I love to smother the entire dish in the extra cranberry sauce.


So I will apologize for the lack of a beautiful image, this bed rest thing makes it very difficult for my "keepers" to let me get up and photograph food.  Which is making me very sad!!  I'm going through a photography withdrawal.  But they also aren't "styling" my food before they serve it to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment