Thursday, August 20, 2020

Easy, Cheesy, Crockpot ham & potatoes.

 So yea, it's been 5 years, I've been busy..  Who hasn't!  Now that we are in the time of virtual school and everyone has been home, easy dinner is a must!!  I found this recipe on pinterest from Tornadoughalli for these bomb Easy, Cheesy Crockpot Potatoes.  I made them for the 40th birthday party and they were a huge hit!  So I decided to play on them a bit.  We love ham and cheesy Potatoes in our house!  So I used her potato recipe, which is SO EASY!!  But made changes to it to make it more what we would like.  

1 32 oz bag frozen diced potatoes
1 medium onion diced (we don't do onions here, so I used 1 TBSP of onion powder)
1 cup sour cream
1 10.5 oz can cream of chicken soup (We used Broccoli Cheese Soup, but any cream of whatever you have it good)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
4 TBSP butter melted
3-3.5 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup water
Cubed ham (I used about half of what I had & it was plenty). 


Instructions

  • In crockpot add your potatoes, onions, sour cream, soup, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, butter and 2 cups shredded cheese.
  • Place lid on and cook on low for 4 hours.
  • Remove lid and sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese and cover again for about 15 minutes until cheese is melted.
We always love a little Veggies with our meals, so I was going to add Peas, but I didn't have any, so we used Green beans.  I steamed them in the micro for 4 minutes and then added them to the crockpot for the remaining 30 minutes.  They were perfectly crunchy and delicious.  

Photos coming soon!  We ate it all and didn't get photos!! LoL

No comments:

Post a Comment