Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast!!

This is a very easy recipe for a delicious pot roast. It makes its own gravy. It's designed especially for the working person who does not have time to cook all day, but it tastes like you did.  It got rave reviews from the peanut gallery, which consisted of my Husband, my Mother, and even my 3-year old enjoyed the carrots, potatoes & sauce (just not the meat).  Can't win them all!


I'm not too picky with my meat, I usually buy whatever I can find cheapest, tonight it was a 2.5 lb Top round roast.  It had very little fat and was the perfect meat!  I will put down what my recipe, but using only 2.5 lbs of meat, you could cut it down to 1 can of mushroom soup and less water.  The gravy was really good, but I'd have liked it to be thicker.  


What you need:
Crock pot
2.5 lbs meat
salt & pepper
1/2 onion
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups water
Russet Potatoes (we used 5 & peeled & cut them in half)
1 - bag Mini Carrots

Directions:
1.  salt & pepper meat to taste
2.  in a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
3.  Cut onion & throw in (we quartered the onion)
4.  Cook on High for 5 hours
5.  Add potatoes and mini carrots
6.  Cook another 3 hours on low

It was a divine meal!  The meat was super tender and the gravy was very flavorful.  



No comments:

Post a Comment