Thursday, July 5, 2012

Fun for Hours!

If you have a 3-year old and you live in the desert, you know as well as I do the most asked question when it is a blazing 108+ degrees is "Can we go outside?"  Let me think about that for a second, "Um, no, we cannot!"  So this being said, I needed to find some fun things for him to do that weren't the normal playing cars, coloring, and running around like a maniac!

So what you do is take a baking pan and fill the bottom with Baking Soda.  Then take Tupperware dishes and put some vinegar and food coloring in them.  Then use a dropper (I used one from an old Tylenol bottle).  I showed the boy how to use the dropper, and he's been at this "project" for well over an hour.  We are actually on our 2nd pan of Baking Soda.

Plus, its a good teaching lesson as well.  You should know that when you drip vinegar into the baking soda, it will fizz.




"I can do this, I'm a boy"  Direct quote from the boy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment