Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Velata Peppermint Bark

So I don't know about you, but I LOVE Peppermint Bark.  I could eat it all year, in-fact, now that I know how easy it is to make, I just might!  

I knew I wanted to use dark chocolate, instead of milk.  I decided to try it with my Velata Belgium Dark & White Chocolate.  Every time I whip out the chocolate 
fondue for parties or gatherings, everyone always compliments the taste of it, so I had the *ding* moment, use it for Peppermint Bark!  The packages are the perfect portion sizes, so no measuring needed!


Ingredients:

  • 6 oz Package of Velata Dark Chocolate
  • 6 oz Package of Velata White Chocolate
  • Velata Peppermint Mixable (not pictured)
  • 3 Candy Canes
  • Tin Foil
  • Sandwich sized ziplock bag



Directions:

1.  Line the bottom and sides of a square pan with tin foil, and smooth it out as much as possible.



2.  Warm the Dark Chocolate in the microwave until melted. I put it in the microwave for :30 second 
intervals.  I did 3 of them, just keep an eye on it prevent any melting of package.

3.  Once melted, pour it into the tin foil wrapped dish.  
With a spatula move chocolate to cover the bottom, touching the corners and sides.  I also added some Veleta peppermint mixin to give it more flavor.  


4.  Allow to cool in the fridge for about 20-30 minutes until hardened.

5.  While waiting for the chocolate to harden, un wrap your 3 candy canes and put into a ziplock bag.  This is your chance to get rid of any aggression you may be hiding.  Pound away using what you have available. I used the flat side of a meat hammer.



6.  Once dark chocolate is firm, it’s time to do the same with the white chocolate layer. While still melted, sprinkle the peppermint slivers. As much or as little as you want.

7. Put it back in the fridge for 25-30 minutes.

8.  Once hardened, break it apart.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment